First Time Patients
Thank you for choosing St. Clair Nephrology to be part of your health care. We’re proud of the attention we give to each and every one of our patients.
This page is designed to make your first visit as quick and pleasant as possible.
What should I bring?
Please bring the following items with you:
- Completed Demographic Form [Download]
- Completed Medical History Form [Download]
- ID and insurance cards
- Insurance referrals (if requested)
- Bottles of all current medications
- Medical records from your referring physician (if requested)
- A list of any special questions or items to discuss with your doctor.
What can I expect during my visit?
Your first and subsequent visits will involve interactions with our receptionist, a medical assistant, and the physician. Our team members will perform the following tasks:
- Patient information and insurance verified
- Weight and vital signs taken and recorded
- Medications reviewed and recorded
- Medical history reviewed
- Current symptoms and complaints reviewed
- Patient exam and treatment by physician
- Billing processed and next appointment scheduled
Will any lab tests be performed at the office?
Your doctor may order laboratory testing such as blood or urine analysis. Such testing can be performed the same day or scheduled at your earliest convenience. If possible, testing will be done in the office or at another St. Clair Nephrology location. For specialized testing, we may refer you to another facility.
How do I change my appointment?
Our automated system will call to remind you of an upcoming appointment. If you need to change the day or time, please be sure to call at least 24 hours before your scheduled visit. The phone number for each St. Clair Nephrology office is available under the Locations tab at the top of this page. Of course, don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions or concerns before your visit.
Thank you again for choosing St. Clair Nephrology.
Our staff looks forward to serving you.